This year for Christmas we would like:
- Real interoperability between EMRs and other systems so that data flows smoothly from patient to provider applications and between organizations. Make sure it comes with APIs and real reference architectures.
- Modern, scalable, and reliable healthcare technology so CIOs and IT teams can spend more time innovating and bringing new ideas for patients and providers, and less time keeping systems up and running.
- Patient-centered care where the goals of the patient are the most important outcomes considered. Make sure patients and providers can communicate about these goals and consider their impact on care.
- Value-based care where cost and outcomes are evaluated to determine the right course of action. Let’s lower costs of care AND improve outcomes.
- All people to have affordable healthcare regardless of pre-existing conditions. No one should go without healthcare.
- When you deliver all the presents, please take away all the fax machines!
Good luck on your travels around the world on Christmas Eve.
PS We care about your health, so we’re leaving you an apple and some carrots for the reindeer rather than cookies this year.